On this encore episode of the podcast, I discuss recovery from year one to year two, and how this past year was different from the first post-op. As I said last year, it’s wild to think it’s now been 24 months since ACL surgery!
I’ll discuss my observations at about 18 months, and also roll into what the two year mark has felt like for me.
Note: Take a look at the long term maintenance exercise videos below!
Beyond that, I wanted to take some time to discuss a few requested themes from the Reddit r/ACL group that helped me so much over my rehab. This includes the hardships/realities of recovery after the first months, and the (sometimes) dreaded return to sport.
Helpful products roundup:
- Supplements (the complete guide which I still stick to every single day)
- Wahoo Tickr (I fell in love with HR awareness; this combined with a phone app or smart watch has been great)
Month 24 Notes:
- Month 24 review
- Second year observations
- Hardships and realities
- Return to sport(s)
- Unspoken uncertainties
- Extension: 0 (sight hyperextension)
- Flexion: Still some resistance at terminal flexion (“ass to grass” squat)
- Sitting Pain: 0/10
- Standing Pain: 0/10
Long Term ACL Maintenance Exercises:
- Sliding Hamstring Curls (video)
- Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat Variations (video)
- Lateral Lunges (video)
- Skater Jumps (video)
- View More at 4 Corners Sports Performance on YouTube
Even More Goodness: