It starts to sound like a broken record as each month passes, but it’s funny how time works! I’ve just hit the month 7 mark of the ACLR rehab process. It was somewhere around the month 6 mark I stopped thinking about my knee so much, and after another month, more subtleties are emerging.
I’ve kept diligent in the rehab process which I’ll discuss on the podcast, and also give a recap of the Tour of the Moon cycling fondo I attended in late September. I also went on an extended vacation overseas—which had been planned since before the injury—but that also impacted progress. Hear more on the podcast.
Looking ahead to the next few (winter) months, it’s a time where it would be really easy to lose focus. If it wasn’t challenging enough to get through the first 3 months… then 6 months… it’s yet another mental hurdle to move to 9 and 12 months even though things are “pretty good” overall.
As the rehab journey continues, I won’t be doing weekly or even monthly podcasts—just not enough changes—but I do plan to remain consistent every other month or so, at least through the one year mark. Hopefully this helps others going through something similar!
Helpful products roundup:
- Full knee ice wraps (at this phase, best for after a hard workout or extended travel)
- Supplements (the complete guide which I still stick to every single day)
Month 7 Notes:
- Month 7 review
- Tour of the Moon recap
- Overseas trip and traveling workouts
- Rehab progressions; extension when walking
- Don’t lose focus now…
- Extension: 0 (sight hyperextension)
- Flexion: Pain/resistance at terminal flexion (sitting in a squat)
- Sitting Pain: 0/10
- Standing Pain: 0/10