A big milestone came this week! Two months. Feels pretty good to be here and I’m thankful for feeling generally better all around at this point in the recovery process.
As I’ve mentioned before, not a lot changes quickly at this point. Daily routines have settled into (new) PT exercises and my cycling program every other day.
I’m still icing 3-4x a day, usually first thing in the morning, before bed, after PT, and any other time the knee gets tight. Some days are better than others. I’ll talk more about the knee “feel” in the podcast, as well as the numbness.
My tibia isn’t as visibly bruised any longer, but after being up for multiple hours or doing physical activity (workout, errands, yard work, etc.), the shin will turn a reddish color while it remains slightly swollen.
I can’t shake that swelling yet, and along with the remaining flexion I need to gain, my PT advised me to up Turmeric intake for the next month. I’m also still doing the blood flow restriction (BFR) training as a part of my rehab after every workout, which I mentioned I would followup on in the podcast.
Note: I’ll be adjusting to monthly updates from here on out!
Helpful products roundup:
- Turmeric root extract (natural anti-inflammatory until swelling subsides)
- Full knee ice wraps (still the wrap for me)
- CryoCups (the other goto ice method to mix it up)
- Kinesio Tape (patella tracking; pain and muscle management)
- Muscle Floss Band (used in blood flow restriction training)
- Supplements (see the guide)
Week 8 Notes:
- Week 8 review
- General day to day feeling + routine
- Increase in PT exercises
- Blood flow restriction update
- Extension: 0 (sight hyperextension)
- Flexion: 120-124 (depends on the day)
- Sitting Pain: 0/10
- Standing Pain: 0/10
– Guide to Supplements for ACL Recovery
– ACL Rehab Cycling Program